07 October 2007

docbook-sgml-utils compile error SOLVED

Egad, it took forever to fix this problem. I had seen lots of
jade:../../doc/docbook-utils.sgml:1:55:W: cannot generate system identifier for public text "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN"
While trying to compile docbook-sgml-utils. The package in question does not seem to be required for much, so I usually just skipped it and updated the rest of my (Ututo/Gentoo) system with paludis. The problem turns out that I was missing part of '=app-text/docbook-sgml-dtd-3.1-r3::gentoo', so a quick paludis -i '=app-text/docbook-sgml-dtd-3.1-r3::gentoo', followed by paludis -i docbook-sgml-utils finally solved my problem. It sure did take forever, though. I found other references to this problem, but no straight-forward solution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home